Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

To New Beginnings...

It's been over a year now :/ CRAZY to think. since I've last blogged. One of my biggest struggles has been that I felt no one read this. SO. I'm going to give it another try and see what happens! :) Please, if you read this and find any enjoyment, or can relate at all, jot me a lil' comment and let me know, it would be greatly appreciated!


I am now a Barista at Starbucks on Battlefield and thoroughly enjoy the benefits :) I've just been finishing up my education at Regent, or at least trying to, while also trying to chase my dreams and passions in life.

Unfortunately, it has felt like everything in life has been crashing down on me :/ Within the past couple months, I have discovered several reasons for why this past season has felt like a dry barren desert wasteland! 1. My love tank has been COMPLETELY empty...and 2. I have had no joy or passion for anything I've done. While I've found some outlets, I felt the need to withdraw from them because I knew that I would forget about school all together...naturally because it hasn't been something that I am truly passionate about.

Once I figured that much out, since then I've basically found out 2 more classes I've taken have been insufficient for the requirements needed, spilled coffee on my already broken laptop (new laptop, mind you), and had the apple store tell me that liquid damage trumps previous problems SO they couldn't fix the already existing problems. My options: buy a new one for around $1,000 or repair it for $800. stupid. I think the guy felt bad and tried helping me...he suggested purchase protection from the credit card I used, or home insurance...and work insurance also. I checked out the first 2, made a claim that I really thought was going to get passed because the lady said it could be termed "vandalism" and said I had a good chance. Yep. Nope. THEN....well I'm not even going to continue. To say the least. A lot has happened and I just feel like I just keep getting crapped on :/

Well thanks for letting me vent...if you've actually gotten all the way through :) I just sometimes don't get it. But I guess the more I dwell on it, the more worked up I get, and I just have to let it go and know that it's out of my control at this point. There IS a lot more stuff that's going to happen and lots more GOOD things (I CLAIM IT!) to come...so here's to looking forward and not back!

Coming UP!
My new form of movement that I can't wait to get kicked off the ground with people who love music, movement, and the arts! :) More to come soon...I just didn't want to pack too much in this first blog :)

5 comments:

nile said...

ok, so life's been harder than usual. I'm not gonna give you the whole "pick yourself up by the bootstraps" speech because a) it doesn't work, and b) it's a load of crap.

If you feel like you're being crapped on, it's probably not an illusion. Chances are there's a whole lotta crap flying your way even as we speak. The question is: is it worth it? Is what you're doing with your life right now (being a student) worth it? If so, press on through the crap, find some friends who will help you wade through the crap, and know that there is someone who will always carry you through the crap.

Oh... by the way... KEEP WRITING!

Ryan G said...

I'm going to start with the usual "eventually things will get better." I've been in your shoes before several times (in fact, I had quite an experience last month) and the best thing I can do is not let it get me down too much, try to do what I can to fix it and keep it from happening again. I don't know if that helps.

Smile! Find new activities that make you happy, and do them.

By the way, you don't know me (and I don't know you). I came across your blog (from your YouTube stuff) by accident about a year ago, I think. You're an interesting person. Keep writing and posting videos and find ways to have fun and always look on the bright side of life.

Kevin Mills said...

Enjoyed your Blog Stephanie.
Your comment of feeling that your life has been in a "barren land" is a topic I just finished writing an article about. It was just published this last Saturday by the Herald-Leader in Manitoba, Canada. But you can find a copy of it on my website http://KevinMillsUSA.com ....it's titled "The Wilderness Made Habitable"

Keep encouraged - the depths of our past and current struggles many times dictates the heights of our future.
Most Sincerely,

Kevin

Jenee said...

read your blog- I'm also a OLAM-- sweet. hope to see you around =)

Cassie-andra said...

It's okay to say that life sucks sometimes. It's a good thing we've got Jesus around.

I want to hear more about this new movement of movement! I had an exciting night last night actually pertaining to dance in worship. For about a year I had had the urge to dance while at church. The few times that I got the courage to get up and try it, it never turned out how I pictured it in my head. But last night at church it was completely Holy Spirit driven. He guided every one of my steps and movements.

The little dance experience I have involves two years of ballet in elementary school, lots of years of cheerleading, and on the dance floor with my best friends at a bar to really cheesy cover bands. Last night was a form of dance I was unfamiliar with, but it just flowed!

So, is there such thing as prophetic dancing? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

The publisher/owner of this website, Stefanie Proctor, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.