Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Monday, August 13, 2007

SO Bruised!

Well this weekend I attempted to surf. Let me just tell you one thing...Hawaii is a LOT different than Virginia Beach, that's for sure!

I basically got beat up by a surfboard. I have rash burn from the foam board I used, then I have bruises all over my elbows, knees, and hipbones. NOT fun. :( Not to mention I think my chin is bruised from the board hitting me so many times. And my roommate is no better! Her bruises always seem to be much bigger and much more colorful than mine. Lol.

And of course my determination gets the best of me and even though I'm completely beat up, I want to get right back out there and try till I get it! It's just a little hard getting used to the difference in the waves and the different tides as well. I wish there was a little bird telling me, ok Go NOW! And then of course, I would always catch the wave, but I'm not that lucky as to have imaginary birds in my life...haha. maybe some day!

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Stefanie Proctor, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.