Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Monday, February 12, 2007

And that's where I'm from...


Wow! It's so hard to even BEGIN to remember what that much snow is like! My parents told me that they had 4in. every hour for like 2 days which totaled 5 feet only to be accompanied by another foot and a half the next day! Let's just say that Oswego is in a state of emergency and I'm here in nice 40 degree Virginia Beach. Ha...I know. Looks like my blood has already begun the thinnning process.
I do miss the snow though. However, I only miss it when I can curl up by the fireplace with a cup of tea (that is after I've already had my daily allowance of caffeine) in the comfort of my own home when I don't have to trudge through all of the snow, and when I want to ski, but that's pretty much it!

That picture of the bump in the ground is our picnic table COMPLETELY buried! O yea, and if you look a little further behind that, you will see what used to be our pool. Now all that is left is the deck. (May I inform you of the fact that our pool is above ground and comes up to my chin when I'm standing next to it) GONE!

1 comment:

Kyle Graham said...

Stef,

I hail from Buffalo, NY -- blizzard of 77 ring a bell? Also, several years ago we got 81 inches (nearly 7 feet) of snow in 3 days! See, we probably share some similar memories :)

The publisher/owner of this website, Stefanie Proctor, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.