Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Friday, May 4, 2007

As much as I love Spiderman...


...I was far from impressed. Many of you may know that today is opening day for the well awaited for flick. Last night, myself along with 3 others went to see it for my friend Kati's birthday. We had bought our tickets about a week and a half ago and had gotten to the theater well before midnight...like 9:45 or so. We were the FIRST ONES in line eventually followed by hundreds of people.

It was quite amusing being the first ones there. The theater lobby was dead silent only until the silence was interrupted by 4 very excited girls. I would like to preface this with the fact Andrea and I had only had 2 hours of sleep the previous night. Let's just say the theater employees got quite a night of entertainment from us! :)

Regarding the actual film...as I was discussing with a co-worker earlier, he had mentioned that this film was supposed to be more of "transitional" movie-kind of how Pirates 2 was. I have been watching Spiderman since I was maybe 10 with my brother. It was always what I looked forward to when I got home from school. Granted, the movie had great effects, but the plot seemed to lack anything of substantial worth. It was still a great night regardless of the amount of sleep had previously-I'll post some pics later this week from it. I am still a fan, but I think the movie is just not it was cracked up to be.

Feel free to comment and let me know what you guys thought if you saw it! :)

1 comment:

Kyle Graham said...

Stefanie and Peter Parker? Somehow, I never pictured that. Not sure if I will see it in consideration of your recommendation. Eh, I will wait until it comes out on video.

The publisher/owner of this website, Stefanie Proctor, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.