Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Hugs not Drugs

One of my biggest pet peeves, well it's not really a pet peeve, it's more like an observation that I am not fond of. It's the whole "patting" hug where the people you are closest with hug you, but as soon as they do, they your back immediately which is almost just signaling that they want you to let go as soon as possible! Or when they come at you to hug you but turn slightly with only one arm raised...they trick you into a "side" hug. I really usually don't care when people give bad hugs, it's just like..."Well, you aren't a good hugg-er, but hey, nothing against you." But when those people are your best friends or family members...someone has to teach them a lesson. I'm just used to getting good hugs from my girls back at Elim...we Christian folk hug all the time! LOL.

But what REALLY gets me...is my own family! Granted I haven't seen them in half a year and when I come home, I get the side hug, no...not even a hug, it's more like a tap. This was my brother and of course, I politely yelled at him and told him to give me a real hug! :) Of course my mother was there and she commented..."Yea, you have to squeeze her until she pops to make her happy, otherwise you'll hear about it!" Haha. This made me laugh...I was like, that's right Mom, at least I have one family member trained! So needless to say...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know you are in for lots of really crazy big hugs from your friends now , don't you? :)

The publisher/owner of this website, Stefanie Proctor, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.