Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Oh to be a mermaid

I FINALLY got the chance to go to First Landing State Park this weekend and actually enjoy the outdoors...it was soooo nice to be outside. It makes me miss home a lot...but ya know-such is life. One more year! ...This just means that now I know a place that I can go when I need something other than a concrete jungle! :)

This great "local tour guide" took me for a bike ride on the trails and I got to see a little of what his place of business does. chesepean.com It's a great place that does all sorts of eco-tours. Andrea is actually going to be taking surf lessons from them this weekend and I can't WAIT to watch her! hehe. Aren't I a good friend?! Not that I have any doubts, but ya know...it should be super fun to watch!

Sometimes I really wish I could be a mermaid. Did I just say that out loud? I could seriously sit and watch fish for hours. Ya know, I used to swim in my pool and see how long I could hold my breath for underwater. I thought that maybe if I did that enough times, I'd get gills. My plan failed miserably and alas, I am still human. There is actually quite an interesting story about how mermaids first existed...you will have to check it out sometime.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Haha...I think that you, as Andrea, should add surfing to your list of must before leave the area! Don't just be a watcher...be a doer!

It's interesting, I have had several friends all of a sudden take up surfing! I may have to try it sometime (especially considering I have lived in this area my whole life and never have!)

The publisher/owner of this website, Stefanie Proctor, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.