Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Friday, June 8, 2007

So long to MySpace


For those of you who read about the fast I was considering (See 5/25), it has slightly evolved into something else. I realized that what I spend the most time doing is watching TV on my computer or movies and meaningless web surfing...a lot on MySpace. I was doing a Daniel's fast, which caused me to evaluate what my time was being spent on. After seeing the severity of how this media has been affecting me, I decided to delete my MySpace. One of my dearest friends wrote this to me today:

FreedomGGirl: i don't like you not being my #4 on myspace
FreedomGGirl: will you come back if i make you #1?

It made me smile...but as much as I love her and as much as that made me laugh, I cannot go back! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Proud of you, stef. Gosh, who would try to bribe you with a #1 spot on myspace. . . ?

Me :) said...

So how do you delete myspace... I hate it, and don't know how to get out of the cycle...

Paul said...

I recently got off a fasted from Facebook for a week and the fast has totally changed the way I use it. I really feel so much better because I am no longer wasting so much time on it. I also haven't checked a new website (Foxnews, CNN) in over two weeks.

Between that and Facebook, I am hardly spending the same amount of time online that I use to. It has really help me to focus on the things that are important right now in my life.

So good job!

Anonymous said...

are you fasting AIM too?

The publisher/owner of this website, Stefanie Proctor, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.